Monday, October 26, 2009

La la la

I'm not writing, but I'm still running. Some. I'm busy, and I've been sick. I still don't really have the energy for a full-length discussion of the running, but I should at least try to catch up.

Since I last wrote, we've done an 8-miler, a 6-miler, and another 8-miler. I've largely failed to run much during the week due to a combination of illness and a period of general ennui. I substituted walks for some of my runs, and I flat-out skipped others. I haven't been good about the training, really, and I need to get back to it.

The long runs haven't been terrible. The first 8 mile one was pretty slow and involved a lot of walking and my stomach having a brief freakout, but it still felt decent. The 6 miler was a lot better, and actually felt somewhat comfortable. The 8 miler this past weekend was good, I think.

I ran the 8 miles this weekend with a couple of the girls, and I felt strong most of the way. Company really does help on these things. We alternated walking and running, and that seems to work fairly well for me - I finish faster, even if I don't feel that much better.

This weekend's run took us into the Uptown Park area, and it wasn't fun to run by both Crave and the Tasting Room. Luckily, it was too early for them to be open, or I might have had an early end to my run!

So, yeah, short entry. Hopefully I will get better about both the running and the writing =)

1 comment:

Steve said...

Yeah... That sounds dangerous running past those shops when they are open... Maybe that's why running practices are always so early in the morning, because they know people will stop at whatever nice place is open that sells stuff that shouldn't be eaten? (=