Sunday, November 22, 2009

cold rain

You guys, seriously, I'm neglecting this, and I don't see that ending right now. Even so, I figured an update was in order.

2 weeks ago we did our first 10 miler. We ran from Memorial Park to the convention center downtown. That's a seriously long way. I ended up having to run alone since none of the people I run with were at practice.

Honestly, it was a pretty good run for me. I felt strong. I walked bits, but I felt good. It was weird running downtown, but interesting.

So, yeah, long but good run full of interesting smells and sights. I then promptly failed to run at all for 2 weeks (busy busy busy plus a long weekend in Napa - not conducive to running). Which brings us to yesterday.

Yesterday was another 10 miler (which actually clocked at 10.8 miles) in the cold rain. It was gross and ugly, but we somehow made it through it. More walking than I would have liked, but still respectable, I think.

Today I hurt all over. Seriously, ow.

5 comments:

Steve said...

Seeing you guys out there making your 10 miles definitely was inspiration for me to go back and get my lousy three miles in though! Good on you for getting it done!

And just take it easy today, hot hot hot bath for as long as you can stand it will help with the stiff muscles. Espom salts may or may not help in that bath, but, either way... Hot bath is a good thing to veg out in (=

Kelsey said...

You are so sweet to help out! Finishing was hard, but it helped that you were out there!

Mmmm, hot baths are the best!

ophiolite said...

Ick...I did my 10(.3) miles today and it was pretty rough too (though much better weather). I was definitely thinking of all of you yesterday and take a few days off...your body will thank you :-)

lindsay said...

How did you get away with two weeks without daily runs and make it through a 10-miler!? I'm impressed. I would have crawled the last 3 miles...

I'm surprised we didn't see each other on the out or back. Downtown was our run, too. Next week is River Oaks.

Kelsey said...

Stef - I hope that you're doing a lot better!

Lindsay - Oh, I hurt, and I definitely didn't run the whole thing. 10 miles is HARD. Hope your training is going well!