Tuesday, August 5, 2008

So it begins...

I ran today. Maybe "ran" is a better way to put it. I am on vacation at Fort Walton Beach, FL, with my family. I had intended for this week to be my last week of intense laziness before the running insanity, but the schedule we got had "20 minutes light" down for Monday-Thursday of this week. Since I didn't want to go into our first practice on Saturday completely out of shape, I decided I should start doing the recommended runs.

I came back up to the room from a lazy day of sitting on the beach, and I really didn't want to change and go out running, so I ran around the condo for 10 minutes (I thought the schedule said "10 minutes light", so I messed up there, but at least I ran). I seriously ran around the condo - laps from the front door, through the master bedroom, around the table in the living room, and back to the front door. I looked like an idiot, and it was more like jogging, but I moved non-stop for 10 minutes and didn't die. This is a good start.

Tomorrow morning I will wake up and do 20 minutes in the neighborhood here. I guess how that goes will be a better tell of where I stand. I don't have good shoes for running yet, but I will take care of that soon - we have a shoe clinic Saturday after practice.

The important thing is that I have started. Starting is good.

On another note - I can't begin to express how much it inspires me that so many awesome people have already donated. You guys rock!

No comments: