Wednesday, August 6, 2008

When I told my family last night that I intended to go for a run first thing in the morning, my little sister offered to come with me. She's been a soccer player her whole life, so she can actually run a little without feeling like she might die, and I figured that I could probably use the company, so I agreed.

It was probably a little after 8 when we started, and it was already pretty hot and sunny. We planned to just run up the street for 10 minutes, and then we would turn around and come back to get to my suggested 20 minutes.

My sister was intent on getting me to make it to 10 minutes without stopping to walk, and she pushed me pretty hard. I don't think I would have made it to 10 minutes without her "encouragement", but I made it (feeling a bit like I might die in the process).

After the first 10 minutes, we started doing 60 second walk/run intervals. At that point, I was struggling to breathe and pretty sure I would throw up at any minute, but I managed to make it to the full 20 minutes.

We made it back to the condo, and I collapsed on the tile floor (yay for cold tile!) and attempted to convince my body to stop trying to turn inside out. My sweet mother, of course, took pictures.
Estimated distance: 1.8 miles (we measured with the car on the way home from dinner)

I am assured my body will adjust to the torture. I hope this adjustment happens soon.

No comments: