Saturday, December 13, 2008

And we're back...sort of

I didn't run all week. It was actually a huge relief to come home after work and not have to run. I've been slowly feeling somewhat better. I still don't feel good, but I don't feel as bad as I have. I finished the antibiotics on Thursday, and I'm almost done with the steroids. It is a relief to know that the effects of the drugs will be gone soon, but I am also a bit worried that the symptoms will come back. Here's hoping.

I went out to Memorial this morning for the group long run. I was a bit worried since it had been so long since I got a decent run in, but I really felt like I needed to get back into it.

Luckily, Kelli was there this week, so I had company. It really is so much easier to run with someone there to distract you.

We did somewhere between 8 and 9 miles this morning. It was pretty rough, and we definitely walked chunks of it, but we finished. It wasn't fun, and my knee started to hurt about halfway in, but it felt good to get through it. It made me think that I will actually finish in January, one way or the other. I don't feel bad about the walking, because my body is still not healthy, and I need to make myself take it easy. I can't push myself as hard as I would like right now.

But I got through it, and that's what matters. We'll see how this week goes. I'm going to try to get 3 daily runs in, then Saturday is our big 12-miler. Crazy!

No comments: