Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Health upate

Well, I had my CAT scan today. I will be having endoscopic sinus surgery on January 27. He says I can put it off until then since I've basically had this problem for a long time. I opted to put it off because I need to get a massively important project finished at work by then, and I would really like to get through the half marathon as well.

I'll be completely down for a week after the surgery, and then it will be about 6 weeks before I am actually healthy again (and that is 6 weeks of no physical exertion). Joy. But, after all the healing, I am supposed to feel much better, and I am all for that. I just want to feel normal again. I miss normal (though, apparently my normal is a little crappy compared to most people - who knew?).

So, that's that. Sinuses will be dealt with after the run, and I'll just have to push through until then.

As for my foot, it's still a mess. My sister and brother-in-law (physical therapists, the both of them) had a look at it when I was home, and they say I've irritated a tendon or something (they were more specific). There's a bump, it's uncomfortable, and there's an awful creaking when I move my toes. There's some pain when I walk - nothing serious, but it's still not good. I worry about it, but I figure I'll somehow limp through come race day.

For now, I am trying to ice it and rest (as prescribed by the sis and bro), and I'll have to see how it feels for the long run Saturday.

I am a mess.

No comments: