Sunday, September 6, 2009

4 miles

Thursday's run was probably my best in Morris. I decided to just run in the neighborhood by the hotel. I considered a trail by the river suggested by one of the guys at work, but I didn't want to leave my work laptop in my car when I'd be out of view of the car. Running from the hotel allowed me to leave my stuff at the hotel and have some juice before the run.

The neighborhood was small, and really cute. I just ran some lazy loops through the streets, trying to change up my route so as not to get bored. The side cramps were there, but pretty mild, so I ran through it. I managed to run for the entire assigned 25 minutes, and I felt pretty good about it.

The long run on Saturday morning was back here in Houston, and the change in temperature and humidity was marked. It was hot and wet. Definitely not a pleasant change, but being home and getting to run with the group (and my lovely running partner) again was nice.

Our route was 4 miles plus hills - we ran out of the park, down to Shepard, did hills there, and ran back to the park.

I managed to make it to Shepard without stopping to walk, and I felt fairly good the whole way. Running with someone else just seems easier to me than doing it on my own. I don't know if it's the distraction or if somehow talking keeps the side cramps from starting. The company is good, though, and the runs are nicer. I'm glad I'll be in Houston and able to do my weekly runs with Kelli for at least a couple of weeks.

We walked a couple of times on the 2 miles back to the park, but we made better time than we have been, and I am really feeling better about running. Slow, but not miserable.

I'm enjoying my day off today, then back to running tomorrow. My legs hurt all the time, now, but that's a good thing. I really need to get better about stretching.

Run run run

1 comment:

ophiolite said...

Come to yoga at Discovery Green with me tomorrow...you'll definitely get your stretching in there! Great job with the running!