Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Geese and lost keys

I did my run at the park across from the plant today. Technically, it's a cross training day, but I have nowhere to work out and I skipped yesterday's run, so I decided to do 25 minutes. The running itself wasn't terrible - my legs are insanely sore for some reason, so I felt that, but otherwise, it was ok.

I think what killed me was the weather. It was cold and dreary and yucky. I was chilly at first, but that passed. But, for some reason, I just felt awful. My sinuses felt really screwy. It was just icky. But I still made it through 25 minutes of running without walking.

At about minute 20, I realized that I had managed to drop my keys, so I got to walk the entire loop again looking for them. You would think that a black key fob on a light colored running path would be easy to see. Unfortunately, the large number of geese that live in the little park seem to like to leave little black presents on the path, so, yeah. I did find them.

I felt terrible when I finished. Just sick. So, I allowed myself to stop at a great little bakery for a lovely, hot chai (I forgot how great hot drinks are when it's cold out) and a pastry.

I really do think that the sick feeling is the weather and the dry air up here. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I miss running in Houston. The grass is always greener, right?

In fundraising news, why haven't you donated yet? http://pages.teamintraining.org/txg/houston10/khughesw0s

No comments: