Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Blech

Well, I skipped yesterday's run because I've got something that appears to be an ugly cold. Ugh. I've decided to sweat my way through a workout with my trainer and a run with my running buddy tonight, sick or not. I need the workout, and I'm hoping it will make me feel better.

I guess I have a week of runs to write about, but I'll keep it short.

Monday was a holiday, and I was up and had my 20 minute run out of the way before 8am. I took my simple route - the one that leaves my apartment and goes along the bayou. It didn't feel great, but I didn't have to slow to a walk because of the side cramps. Not as bad as before.

Tuesday's run was with my favorite running buddy - we both made it the 20 minutes we set out to do, then walked the rest of the Memorial loop. Hot and sweaty, still, but I definitely prefer to run with someone.

Wednesday was track practice, and it went pretty well. Warm-up was the walk to the track, and then I did three 800m runs. It was hard, but I made it through pretty well, I thought.

I skipped out on Thursdays run for a fashion event (with free food!). I did a lot of walking in heels, so I should get some sort of credit for that, right?

Now, Saturday's run was a doozy. I managed to remind myself the hard way why I don't drink on Friday nights. A lovely dinner with a couple glasses of wine with a great friend made for an ugly run. I don't regret the dinner, but I think those will need to be moved to different nights from here on out =)

We ran 5 miles out of the park. Part of the run was a familiar path, but there was some new stuff thrown in, which was nice. I got to the water stop without stopping, but feeling pretty rough. I also made it to the turnaround and then back to the water stop. I took fairly long breaks at each stop, but I did run it all.

When I got about halfway from the water stop to the park, my stomach knotted completely up. I alternated bits of walking and running for a while before giving up and walking the rest of the way back to the park. I don't think I walked more than a mile of the whole thing, but it was a difficult mile.

Ugh, don't drink and run, people, seriously.

No comments: