Tuesday, September 2, 2008

And longer...

I ran out at Rice with Kelli this afternoon. It really is so, so much easier to run with someone else. Especially if you can carry on a good conversation.

We managed to show up wearing almost exactly the same thing - bright pink shirt (the SAME bright pink shirt), black shorts, hat. I am sure that we looked pretty amusing running along together.

I've never run the outer loop before, but it is definitely a popular running location, and the shade is nice. It was pretty overcast when we ran, too, so that was a good thing. Overall, not a bad place to run.

We managed to make it the whole 25 minutes without walking. The first look at a watch happened at 19 minutes and 30 seconds, so that was a big accomplishment for both of us (and a bit of a relief, too).

The loop is 3 miles, and we estimate that we were somewhere between 1.5 and 2 miles when we stopped running and walked the rest of the way. So, good for us.

I didn't feel quite as bad when we finished as I have been, though my legs are definitely feeling it.

I've started to plan everything around when I am running. It's weird.

3 comments:

K said...

I do the same thing.

Yay for us running that far! Part of me wants to skip track night to see if I can do it again!

Kelsey said...

You can totally do it again! And that's what tomorrow is for =)

Alexis said...

Yay Kelsey! I'm glad to hear you're up and running now. (Sorry for the bad pun.)

I know the feeling of planning things around the activity. That was new for me with cycling too. I guess that's what it means to Make Time.