Friday, September 5, 2008

Off days are awesome.

Yesterday's run wasn't great. I finished the 25 minutes (Ha! I typed "miles" here =)), but I didn't make it without having to walk for a short distance.

I think several factors contributed to my failure:
- I had to run right after work because I had plans that evening. So it was 5:00 in the afternoon, and it was hot and sunny (less humid, though, so that was good). And the trail is only shaded about 1/3 of the way.
- I started out at a faster pace (when I finished the 4 laps that took me 20 minutes on Monday and looked at my watch, I had been running for about 16 minutes).
- My body was a bit worn out from running all week.

I did eventually make it through, and I finished 6 laps, so that's something.

Today is a rest day to prepare for the 4 mile long run tomorrow. I'm hoping that will go better than last week.

No comments: