Monday, September 1, 2008

Small Victories

The weather was actually pretty decent when I woke up this morning. It was a little overcast (doesn't hurt that it was 7am, either) and a nice breeze seemed to be keeping the temperature bearable. I decided to take advantage of the weather and get my Monday run out of the way.

I went to the little park down the street where James took me on Thursday and ran there. I like the path there, and it's close, so I'll likely run there regularly.

When I finally allowed myself to check my watch to see how long I'd been going, I had already managed to make it 16 minutes. Since I usually think I've gone at least 10 when it turns out I've only gone 5, it was a nice surprise.

I managed to push myself through the last 4 minutes, so I actually made it the assigned 20 minutes without stopping. My pace is still really, really slow, but my system is at least starting to adjust to the cardio workouts, and that's a good thing.

I am still pretty pathetic and out of shape, but I think I am slowly improving. I can do this!

No comments: