Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Confession time: I didn't run today.

I had every intention of running - I even put on running clothes. Then I ended up spending the evening dealing with some personal things that were much more important and have no place in this blog. By the time I was done, it was dark out, and running wasn't going to happen.

I missed one run, and I feel terribly guilty. I know it's not important that I make EVERY run, but I really feel like I am improving right now, so I don't want to do anything to slow down. Silly guilt. I'm sure it won't screw up all of my training or anything, but I don't like skipping runs.

I did run yesterday. It wasn't great, but that seems to be a trend with my Monday runs. They really never seem to go well. But I got through it.

I ran 20 minutes without stopping, though I definitely wanted to stop. The route was the same one I took Thursday, and I think that I started out too fast. I spent most of the run concentrating on my breathing. I still can't seem to get it right, even when I am concentrating. I will keep trying, though, as it seems to help when I do get it right.

I felt incredibly sick after the run. Stupid Mondays.

Track practice tomorrow. Fun times!

No comments: