Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Donate!

My website for this season is up: http://pages.teamintraining.org/txg/houston10/khughesw0s

Go. Donate.

Running has been spotty so far because of family vacation, a work trip, and illness. I have done runs on the deck of a cruise ship, on a hotel treadmill, and at good old Memorial Park. I haven't been able to get into a good groove yet, but runs are feeling much better than this time last year.

The worst run so far was on the cruise ship. Seriously, the track was 1/10 of a mile. So. Many. Circles.

I love our team this season - so many amazing people! I am mentoring this year, and I am so inspired my the people I am mentoring. They are all unique and wonderful and full of energy. I am so lucky!

I am doing 2 things this year to encourage you all to donate:
1) At the end of the season, I'll do a drawing of the names of all my donors. The 3 names I draw will get to choose something homemade by me (cookies, cake, homemade bags, a blanket, etc). If you donate $100 or more, I'll put you in the drawing twice.
2) If I manage to raise over $5,000 this year, I will suck it up and train for a full marathon next year. Yeah, that's right, I love Team in Training more than I love my poor body. So, donate. You know you all want to see me suffer.

Love you!

No comments: