Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Mondays suck

Running on a treadmill is so different from running outside. I don't really enjoy it. Its not that I enjoy running outside, or that I don't appreciate the chance to do my run in the climate-controlled space that is my gym. It just doesn't quite feel right. Unfortunately, the only way that I can cram both a run and my Pilates class into my Monday afternoon schedule is to head straight to the gym from work, do whatever time was assigned on the treadmill, and then head to Pilates.

Yesterday, the run assigned was 20 minutes at an easy pace. I probably pushed myself a little harder than I should have, but I think I might have needed it. Being sick and not running has made me feel like I am getting behind. I managed to do the full 20 minutes at a 13:20 pace. See, treadmills are different - I never could have managed that pace outside (yes, I know I'm slow).

Pilates was really good. I miss the core workouts when I don't do them, so I'm definitely sticking to that this season. My abs are hurting today.

Still sick. Sigh. This cold is just hanging on. I'm forcing my way through everything, but I feel pretty crappy most of the time. I just want to get back to being healthy so all the pain can come from the running =)

Tonight's workout is uncertain. I am going to a wine dinner with a friend (yay for that!), so depending on how sick I'm feeling post-work, I'll either do the insane 30-Day Shred Jillian DVD or just skip the workout altogether. I need to put some priority on the whole "getting healthy" thing.

First track practice of the season in Wednesday. I totally expect to have my butt kicked!

No comments: