Monday, August 24, 2009

Mondays could be worse

Treadmill. Ugh. 20 minutes today.

I felt pretty good at 5 minutes. The pace was set at 4.5 (yes, I know it's slow, but I am slow, and that's respectable for me), and I felt strong. At 8 minutes, the side cramp started. It was sharp and awful and no amount of deep breathing would get rid of it. I had to slow to a walk at 9 minutes in for 2 minutes to get it to calm down enough that I could run through it.

I got through the last 9 minutes despite the pain. I was bent over a bit funny and concentrating hard on my breathing. I didn't start feeling decent again until right at the end.

It's frustrating, the cramping. This is the first time it's been a problem this season, but it was a serious issue at the start of last season. I'm hoping this is an anomaly, a problem that won't rear its ugly head again. One can hope.

I followed the run with my Pilates class, which destroyed my core the usual fantastic amount. I love Pilates. It was a mistake to give it up last season - it makes me stronger. I'm going to hurt tomorrow. Good hurt. The kind of hurt that flares up when you laugh and makes you laugh more.

Tomorrow's workout is supposed to be cross-training. Luckily for me, "cross-training" and "dessert tasting" are practically the same thing =)

On a slightly different note, buy wine and help fund the cure for cancer: http://www.grapesurfer.com/kelseyhughes

No comments: