Saturday, August 15, 2009

I have the plan in place. I know when I need to run, and where I plan to do it. I wake up early on a cruise to run and run across the street from the plant when I'm away on business. But my stupid body seems to have issues with the whole plan thing.

I've got an ugly cold. Ugh.

Training officially started 2 weeks ago. I've made 2 of the 3 Saturday "long runs" (hard to call it a long run when we're at 3 miles), and only 3 of the 8 weekly runs. Today's long run was rough, but not as bad as last year. It'll be better when I get healthy again.

I'm frustrated, to say the least. I've been amazingly healthy since the surgery, really. So, of course, the timing of this cold isn't so great. And it's stretching out - I'm staying sick for a lot longer than I would expect. At least I can breathe.

I am intent on keeping to my training schedule from here on out. I am also intent on staying healthy. We will see how it goes.

A run of 3 miles still requires some walking, but my shorter weekly runs are better. I wish running would stop sucking - personally, I blame cancer.

On another note, if you hate cancer and love wine, buy wine here (a portion of the proceeds go to my fundraising account): www.grapesurfer.com/kelseyhughes

No comments: