Monday, October 20, 2008

Blurg

I haven't run since Thursday, and that run wasn't a good one.

I was incredibly sore from the sprints I did on Wednesday, so much so that I was a bit worried about my legs when I started the run. It didn't take long into the run for me to realize that the pain wasn't just normal soreness. My legs weren't going to get me through a full 30 minutes.

I ended up deciding to shorten the run to 20 minutes in order to try to preserve my legs for the long run Saturday. I also went really, really slowly, even for me. It still hurt, a lot. I think I need to be more careful about my speed work. I need to do it, but I can't destroy my legs like that. I'm still a weakling.

I wasn't feeling good at all when I got home Friday, but I had been suffering from that cold for over 2 weeks, and I had been out late Thursday night, so I thought I was just run down. Unfortunately, things just got worse overnight.

I woke up to go run on Saturday and realized that there was no way I was going to manage a run. My cold had apparently managed to work its way into a sinus infection, and I was a mess.

I've been really sick since then. I did somehow manage to drag myself to the fundraiser that we hosted on Saturday. It went really well (big thanks to everyone involved), but I felt awful the whole time.

I skipped work (and my run) today because I was still not doing so well. The antibiotics appear to be helping, but functioning normally is still rough. I'm guessing this post isn't great because I'm just trying to get stuff written so I can stop trying to think.

I need to get back to work, and I need to get back to running. I hate missing a long run, and I am really worried about the 8 miles next Saturday. Let's hope I'm at least some form of healthy by then.

Sigh.

No comments: