Thursday, October 2, 2008

Well, the week started out decently enough...

I took my running clothes to work Monday so that I could go straight to the park and run after work (a sports bra is about the only thing that I can't change into in the car =)). I ran my 20 minutes at Spotts Park without too much trouble. Don't get me wrong, it was hot, and I didn't feel great. But I did get through the run. My body felt weak and sore, but I expected at least the weakness since I gave blood on Saturday. Whatever, it was a Monday run, and Monday runs are never the best.

Tuesday was similar - I took my clothes to work and ran at Spotts (I needed to get the run over with early because I had Book Club that night). Instead of running the loop there like I usually do, I took lots of random turns, including a bit of a run along Memorial. I tried to stay in the shade as much as possible, because it was hot out. I made it through the 30 minutes, but it was really difficult not to just stop early.

So, I got through the first 2 runs of my week without too much drama, then I went and got sick. I've apparently got some sort of a cold. It's been going around at work, and I failed to avoid it, of course. I'm hoping that it's just something short and quick, but I worry about how long I'll be down. I don't want anything getting in the way of my training.

I skipped Wednesday's track practice because I got home from work feeling awful. I hoped to be well enough today to get my run in, but I ended up coming home from work early because I felt so bad, so I'm guessing that a run is out.

Hopefully I will be feeling better Saturday, because I plan to do my long run unless I am physically unable to get out of bed. I am signed up for the Komen Houston Race for the Cure, and I'll be doing a run before it and a bit after to turn the 3 miles of the race into the slightly more than 6 that I need to do. Fun times.

No comments: