Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Well, yesterday's run went really well.

I tried a bit of Hammer Gel before the run just to see how my body reacted to it before taking it on a long run (having it hurt me on a long run would be BAD). I couldn't get the whole serving down (it DOES taste just like chocolate pudding, but I could only take about half of it for some reason). It seemed to help. The important thing is that it didn't cause any negative reactions. I think I am going to get some of the Raspberry one - for some reason, I handle fruit flavor better when I work out.

The run itself was good. I did 30 minutes, leaving from my apartment and running down the bayou. I was actually really surprised by how far I got before I hit 15 minutes and needed to turn around. And I felt pretty good the entire time. I didn't really have any trouble with side cramps or anything like that. It was nice to see where the path goes past where I usually turn around =)

For being as sick as I have been this week, I have been surprised by how good I have felt when I run (the short ones, at least - Saturday was just bad). The best I have felt this week has been the couple of hours immediately after my runs. It's just weird.

I went to the doctor today because my boss told me I should. She told me what I expected to hear - it's a cold, it hasn't turned into a sinus or bronchial infection, and it might just take up to 2 weeks to get rid of it. Fun times. At least it's nothing serious, right? She also told me that I can run as long as it isn't making me feel worse, and that I should maybe take a break and see if it helps.

So, I decided to skip track practice tonight. It makes me jumpy not to run, especially with our first 8-mile run coming up on Saturday. But, I do want to get better as soon as possible, so I have to try to take care of myself. I will do my run tomorrow, enjoy the rest day on Friday, and try go into Saturday with a good attitude about it. At least I'll have my running partner back on Saturday.

You ready, Kelli?

1 comment:

K said...

Hell no, I'm not ready!

Last night on the way to Memorial I drove from Chimney Rock to the park, and it almost made me cry.