Thursday, October 23, 2008

Still sick...

I decided to try to run on Tuesday because I was feeling a little better, and I really wanted to get back onto my training schedule. I set out to do 20 minutes instead of the assigned 30 because I was still not feeling so great, and I really didn't want to push myself too hard while I was still sick.

I managed to get through 15 minutes running before I started to worry about how awful I was feeling. I ended up walking the 10 minutes home from there. I felt really bad about not doing a longer run, and the one that I did manage to do was so slow and pathetic.

I felt awful on Wednesday, so I didn't run, and I am still a mess today, so it seems that running is out. I don't want to make myself more sick by running when my body can't take it, and the way I felt on Wednesday made me feel like the run Tuesday wasn't the best idea. I mm getting terribly behind on my training.

I am worried that being sick is going to destroy all of the work that I have done towards my training. I was finally starting to settle into things, and now I haven't run in a week. I've also been sick for 3 weeks (that's all of October, so far). I am worried and upset and unhappy right now.

So, I won't run today, and tomorrow is a rest day. That leaves the long run on Saturday. It is supposed to be 8 miles, and I'm not sure I feel great about that. I am really hoping that I will be feeling well enough by then to force myself through a long run, but I might consider shortening it to 6 miles in order to "ease" myself back into the running. I guess I will wait and see how I feel Saturday morning and make my decision from there.

I need to get better soon.

A cold front came through last night, and it is GORGEOUS outside. I hope it stays this way for a while.

1 comment:

K said...

I hope you feel better! I understand about getting off schedule, seems to be the story of my life! You need to remember to take care of your health first and foremost, because if you don't get well, nothing else is going to matter.

The cold is fab, but it gave me a very dry throat on my run last night. I need to learn to work with it and acclimate!