Monday, October 6, 2008

I left work about an hour early today because I was still feeling really sick (it was a ROUGH day at work). I didn't expect to get a run in at all; I just came home and collapsed.

After a couple of hours of just resting, I was feeling a bit better, so I decided that I should try to get some sort of a run in. The plan was to just take it really, really easy, and to start walking as soon as I stopped feeling good. I assumed that I would walk a good bit of the 20 minutes, but at least I would be on my feet, doing something towards my training.

Things actually went a lot better than I expected. Besides the predictable sluggish feeling in my legs (first run after a long run does that to me), I actually felt pretty good. I kept a slow and steady pace through the entire 20 minutes. I didn't feel at all sick, and the pain in my side was very slight. 20 minutes actually felt easy for once. Weird.

I think the weather really is a big factor for me. Since I ran a bit later in the afternoon today, the route I took was mostly shaded, and there was a nice breeze. I think that was another factor in how badly Saturday went - we didn't start running until almost 8:45am (I'm usually done with my long run by then), and it was hot and sunny. Ugh.

Anyway, I had a nice run even through I've been sick. I needed that.

1 comment:

Cass said...

YEA!! See, I told you so...