Monday, August 11, 2008

Argh!

This afternoon I found out that I have to have yet another oral surgery (this will bring the total for the year to 4) - and that it has to happen tomorrow. The implant he put in about a month ago to replace the tooth he had to take out in February (there's a long story involving a bad root canal that pierced into my sinus cavity, ask if you want to cringe) has come loose. It is basically about to fall out, and there's an infection below it. So, tomorrow morning, he is going to go in and take it out, clean up the infection, and do another bone graft to replace the bone that the infection has destroyed. There will be another surgery in like 3 or 4 months to put the implant back in. Joy.

So, I am not in Los Angeles right now like I am supposed to be for work. I had to cancel my trip last minute. I also won't be allowed to run for a week after the surgery. It's lucky that we're not too far into training yet, or a week off could be bad. As things are, I will rest for a week and get right back into it.

Instead of moping when I got home (though I do intend to do a bit of that), I decided to at least go ahead and get today's run done. We were assigned 20 minutes, light. I set out with a goal - I wanted to get through the whole 20 minutes without having to walk. And it seems as though disappointment agrees with me - I made it! I would call what I did a slow jog as opposed to a run - but I made it 20 minutes without stopping! Wow, is it ever hot outside, though.

In other news, I dropped the dog's heavy crate on my big toe. Ouch!

1 comment:

Steve said...

That totally sucks that you are not able to run because of the tooth issues. But you will be back soon enough and ready to rock and roll!