Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Frustration

So, I had my post-surgery check-up today. The surgeon says that my face isn't healing as well as he would like. He put me back on antibiotics, told me to put heat and pressure on the area, and almost laughed when I asked if I could start running again. Sigh.

I guess it makes sense - there's still a fair bit of pain, and the swelling isn't gone, so I can't see running being a healthy thing. But still, it's annoying.

I see him again on Monday. I really hope I get the all clear by then. 2 weeks off is way too much.

I worry a bit about getting behind. I don't worry about whether or not I'll be able to finish in January - I can be pretty stubborn when I set my mind to something, and I'm really set when it comes to this challenge. I am more worried that I am getting behind the people I am running with and will have a really rough couple of weeks catching up.

We train on a schedule for a reason. And I am definitely a person who loves schedules. Getting off of the schedule makes me nervous. It will all work out in the end, though. I have to get better eventually, right?

Tonight is the first track practice. I can't run, but I intend to go out there and see what it's all about while supporting the team. They are doing 400's today. This practice is more about speed, and they say that the little bit of speed is really good for you. I'm sure I'll have a rough go of it at first (once I am actually allowed to start), but I'm sure I will eventually pick it up.

Think healthy, normal-sized faces for me.

No comments: