Monday, August 25, 2008

Good News

The weekend was pretty boring for me, and I couldn't make it out to the Saturday practice because I was still such a mess from the surgery. So I wasn't a good teammate on Saturday, but I was a very good invalid.

I saw the surgeon again today. He said "wow, you look a lot better", took the tube out of my sinuses, said to keep taking the antibiotics and applying heat and pressure, and asked me to come back Friday just to make sure everything has healed up properly. We also talked a little bit about what happened, and he said we can leave the next stage of the process until after the marathon.

And I feel so much better. My face is still a bit swollen and stiff (when I try to smile it just looks off), but the pain is mostly gone and I just feel so much less down. I feel almost like a real person for the first time in a while.

Best of all, he says that he thinks I can start running again on Wednesday. He says that I need to wait and see how I feel then, and that I need to be really conscious of how I am reacting to running for a while. But I can run! I need to be really, really careful about it, and I probably will take it easy at first, but at least I will be doing something.

So, yay for that!

No comments: