Thursday, August 7, 2008

I ran again this morning - we were assigned another 20 minutes today. How many people do you know who get up at 6:30am on their vacation and run? (I guess if you know some of my friends, the answer is "too many".)

I am definitely sore from yesterday, and my legs screamed their way through the run - I don't expect to be able to move too much tomorrow. It was nice to be out before the sun was really up enough to bear down on me. It was still hot enough, though.

I didn't make it as long without walking today - I did 5 solid minutes, then I had to switch over to intervals. I did longer intervals this time, though - 2 minutes running to 1 minute walking. I think that I covered almost the same distance, too.

I have been told that the best part of running is the high you feel when you finish. Right now all I feel when I finish is nausea and intense heat all trying to leave my body through my face. I am looking forward to the high, though.

My next run will be in Houston on Saturday with the team. Yay for off days!

No comments: